Ugh. I’m slowly, but surely, burning out. I run, I work, I go to the gym, I teach……It used to be….I work, I watch TV, I sleep and maybe I run once that week. It’s like I don’t even know who I am anymore.
But, I have to do it…so I am. I committed a crap ton of money to the damn trainer, so I know I have to show up there….and if I don’t run, I will never make it through the marathon. So…I lace up my sneakers, and I do it.
The thing I am most afraid of is once this race is over…never moving my body again. Additionally, I failed to mention, that since I’m burning all of these calories, I eat and eat and eat. Even if I’m not that hungry…I eat anyway. Why? Because I can. So…I dread the October 12th. The day after the marathon….because I think it might be the first of many, many days that I only get up to eat, work and sleep. And…more likely than not, I will continue to eat at the same rate and caliber.
Want to know how I realized I really hit the wall?? Last night, I ate ceviche at a Mexican Seafood restaurant. It was unbelievably delicious….and yet…deep down I prayed I would get a mild case of food poisoning so I wouldn’t have to get up and run 7 miles this morning……………..
I did, however, sign up for the Houston Half Marathon which is in January. I also successfully guilted my girlfriends into signing up too….so hopefully we can continue to motivate each other to run!
3 comments:
Ceviche has like zero calories. I share your fear of not being able to stop eating once this is all over. ugh Keep up the good work.
You can DO it...all.night.long...
Oh how it could be me writing this. Except you are skinny and shouldn't worry ever about gaining weight. And good for you for already signing up for another 1/2 marathon--overachiever!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment